Friday, December 14, 2012

Sandy's Sugar Cookies


       I was looking through Yannis' Greek cookbook this morning, wondering what tempting dish to serve today... something with oregano, garlic or lemon.  I found Lamb Guts with Oregano and Boiled Bulls "Unmentionables", and decided to go with the lemon inclination.....I'll make Sandy's Sugar Cookies!!!  These are really an amazing, great textured treat...and even if they call for almond, I love a little lemon flavor in my sugar cookie...hold the oregano!!

Sandy's Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup salad oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teas. almond extract
1 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 teas. salt
1 soda
1 teas. cream of tartar
4 1/2 cups flour
     Beat the sugars with the butter; slowly add the oil,beating well; add the eggs and beat till fluffy. Add the extracts and then the dry ingredients (mixed together first).  Roll dough into golf sized balls; roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet, press with a wet drinking glass bottom; bake at 350 F./180 C. for 10-12 minutes. I personally like a little lemon in my sugar cookies instead of almond extract, I squeeze a little lemon juice, but do as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment